Friday, April 7, 2017

"Turkey Trot" tough!

I ran the "Turkey Trot" route in our town last night!  Whew!  It is tough!

Having slept hardly none the night before, I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 4:50am to go for my morning YMCA run - so seiked myself up while at work - to go when I got home.

My second favorite run in our town is infamously known (to me) as the "Turkey Trot Route".  It is the route the Y uses for it's Thanksgiving morning 5K.  It is a route with steep hills but beautiful views, of old, downtown neighborhoods and the Big Muddy (Missouri River).

I wasn't sure how I would do since I hadn't had a great lunch (hot dog and piece of bread) and had worked a long, busy day in the legal department, but I was bound and determined to go.

We watched the chihuahuas run a little after getting home and I then quickly changed out of the law firm attire and into some running gear.  Thankfully, I grabbed a windbreaker on my way out the door since it was 58 degrees!

The run was great!  Here is a view of the river as this little part of the Katy Trail runs right along side it.  I love this spot since when we first moved from Florida to Missouri, it is almost exactly the spot where our house used to be!


I did fairly well, for someone who hadn't ran outside in months!  I walked the steepest incline of the biggest hill and managed to run the rest of it.  Running with the cool breeze in my face along with Adelle and Amy Winehouse singing in my ear made it quite a way to relax after work.  Ahhh!

So glad I stuck to it and got this run it.  This made my second run of the week.  Saturday, I am participating in a memorial 5K, so will update after that run is finished and I have some good pics to post!

Happy running!



Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who motivates you to run? We all find different motivation every single day or lack there of... a'hem.   I am guilty of not always ...